A donor from Ohio gave me funds for the children’s home to make improvements.
One of the things that has been a problem is the electric service. There were only 2 electric receptacles, everything was run off extension cords. It looked like the proverbial explosion in a spaghetti factory. Even the power company hookup looked iffy to me but that was not a high concern.
Power company hookup
The wires feeding into the meter are just laying on the metal roof.
I made an appointment with an electrician and we reviewed what loads were on what circuits and the needed wiring to handle the loads. He did a very workmanship job installing the wiring. His fee was 600 pesos and I bought the materials. 600 pesos amounted to $12.00 for him and his helper.
This wire feeds the overhead lightbulb
I am frustrated because my camera would take pictures, and everything seemed normal, but it did not save the pictures to the memory card. I didn’t know about it until I sat down and went to review them on the computer and there was nothing there. I found out that it was a setting on the lens that needed to be changed. That means I have a number of before pictures but none of the after pictures.
One of the permanently mounted receptacles.
You can keep up with the happenings at the children’s home in your Facebook feed by liking and following us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/childrens.hope.90
You may also support the children’s home by going to the following link http://hopehomeandschool.com/index.php/support/
Also, if you share the Facebook postings when you find them interesting, it will help spread the word about our children.
If you would like to hear more about the children’s home, I am available to speak to your church, missions group, or other organization.
Leave a Reply