We have passed just over one week on our fundraising campaign to purchase the building where the children’s home is located. You may ask, “Why are you wanting to purchase the building? Aren’t there other places you can locate?”
The answer is that we wish to purchase this building because it can be purchased for approximately 20% of its value due to special circumstances. The owner is in default to the bank and we can purchase it for the unpaid balance plus the legal fees for the transfer. We are in somewhat of a time crunch as the bank has given us a limited time to get this finalized.
I thought I would post an example of what we accomplish at the children’s home with our 100% unpaid volunteers.
Children’s Hope is a children’s home located in the southern Philippines. We take care of 31 children full-time and 6 part-time by providing
- 1 hot meal a day and snacks before bedtime, in 2017 we served 10,236 meals and sent over 3,000 snack bags home for the children to share so they would have a meal before bedtime.
- Provide school supplies and tutoring and other educational supplies.
- We provide medical assistance as needed. In 2017 there were 3 hospitalizations in addition to the 47 doctor visits. We paid out over $1,877 in medical expenses.
- Because some of the children were dealing with effects of malnutrition, we also provide vitamin and mineral supplements.
- In the 11 years we have been doing this, we have had 154 children that have passed through the children’s home.
- One of our volunteers is a policewoman that assets us in the intervention of the sexual trafficking that has moved into the area.These children are not orphans, but one or both of their parents are working overseas because there is no work available locally to support their families.
Children’s Hope is operated by 100% volunteer staff, both in the USA and in the Philippines.
We have leased the building where we are located for almost 11 years. The owner has defaulted on the loan payment. Working with the bank and the owner, we can purchase this for the unpaid balance of his mortgage and legal fees. To summarize, we can purchase a property worth over $25,000 USD for approximately 1/4th of its value.
What would it accomplish?
In addition to the purchase at far below its value, it gives us a permanent building in the center of the area in which we are working.
In the past, it has been used as a refuge center in severe weather when the local nipa huts were destroyed.
Due to the foreclosure situation, the bank has notified us that we have a limited time to complete the transaction before they must complete the foreclosure.
You may find more information about Children’s Hope as well as ongoing monthly support options at our website hopehomeandschool.orgor by contacting myself, the Director through a message on gofundme.
The gofundme page for our building purchase https://www.gofundme.com/childrens-home-purchase
Please consider sharing this worthy cause with your friends.
Leave a Reply